Thursday, May 24, 2007

Filing taxes is your problem. No one is obligated to help you or even make it easier for you. If this sounds like tough love, it is... the below link refers to a person who has been hassling his former employer for his W2 and for some reason has not received it. Yes, the employer is obligated to send it to you but it is really YOUR problem if you let their lack of follow-through effect your ability to file your taxes. Sorry, the tax system is not pretty.

Meanwhile, the advice given is good but I also suggest taking in all your pay stubs for that year to an accountant. Usually there is enough information on those to at least file and get back on track.

No comments: